TubeTrace Type SE/ME Electrically Heated Instrument Tubing with HPT Power-Limiting Heat Tracing
Freeze Protection or Process Temperature Maintenance Range: 40 °F (5 °C) to 400 °F (204 °C)
TubeTrace, with “cut-to-length” HPT power-limiting heat tracing, is designed to provide freeze protection or temperature maintenance for tubing where high temperature exposure capability is possible. HPT withstands temperature exposures of 500 °F (260 °C).
The composite construction of the heating element and fiber substrate, plus an additional fiber cushion layer, make HPT an exceptionally durable heating cable. Durability has made TubeTrace with HPT the industry standard for high temperature emissions and process analyzer applications.
1. Process Tube(s).
2. HPT Power-Limiting Electrical Heat Tracing.
3. Heat Reflective Tape.
4. Non-Hygroscopic Glass Fiber Insulation.
5. Polymer Outer Jacket (ATP or TPU available).
Power-Limiting HPT heat tracing
- Varies in response to the surrounding conditions along the entire length of a circuit
- Lower risk of overheating the tube or product than with constant watt designs
- Is approved for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and Division 2 and Zones 1 & 2 hazardous (classified) areas. (Division 1 approvals also available)
|Available watt densities||
5, 10, 15, 20 w/ft @ 50 °F
16, 33, 49, 66 w/m @ 10 °C
|Supply voltages||120 to 240 Vac Nominal|
|Tube temperature range||40 °F to 400 °F (5 °C to 204 °C)|
|Max. continuous exposure Power-off||500 °F (260 °C)|
Power Output Curves
The power outputs shown apply to HPT heat tracing installed on insulated metallic pipe (using the procedures outlined in IEEE Standard 515-2004). Power output may be slightly higher due to the thermal efficiency of TubeTrace.