Frost protection and temperature control of pipelines
Suggested by the company "Energiya Tepla" cable heating systems for pipelines solve a wide range of tasks.
- In the oil and petrochemical industries cabel heating systems protect oil pipelines and pipes for pumping other liquids and chemicals from blockage or crystallization of substances, excessive thickening of products.
At certain temperatures, precipitation of solid fractions, as well as solidification of the product is possible, which leads to a complete stop of the pipeline and significant costs for its restoration. In this case, the use of cable heating pipeline system provides temperature support in a given range for this process.
Heating cable system is the best solve the problem of heating branched and long pipelines.
- Compensation for heat loss. This is important when the temperature of the liquid or gas at the outlet of the pipeline should be the same as at the inlet, i.e. heating compensates for the heat transfer of the pipe to the environment. Provides heating of the stopped pipeline to the process temperature.
- Cable heating prevents condensation during cooling of gas on pipelines for transporting gaseous products
- Frozen water pipes burst, which leads to interruptions in water supply, flooding and significant material damage.In this case, cable heating systems protect water pipes with hot and cold water, fire extinguishing systems, storm sewers from freezing.
- Heating of system elements such as control valves, gate valves, pumping equipment, filters.
Unlike conventional power cables, the purpose of which is to transfer electricity to a load with minimal losses, heating cables themselves are a load, but a distributed load.
Types of heating cables
The main parameters of cable heating system are linear heat output power, supply voltage, minimum and maximum length of heating section at specified voltage, operating and maximum permissible temperatures.
There are two main types of heating cables:
- Resistive cable
- Self-regulated cable
In a resistive cable, heat is generated due to ohmic losses in the cable heating core. The cable, in addition to heating, may contain a conductive core, which simplifies its connection.
The thermal power of resistive cables is practically independent of temperature. To ensure long-term and reliable operation of these types of cables, it is important to comply with the calculated heat transfer conditions so as not to cause overheating.
The self-regulating cable has two parallel conductive cores, the gap between which is filled with a special semiconductor compound. Heating occurs due to the passage of electric current through the semiconductor matrix from one conductor to another. The matrix changes its resistance depending on the temperature of the pipeline. This provides self-regulation of the thermal power of the cable. Due to the self-regulation effect, the heating cable emits the more heat, the lower the temperature of the pipeline, its temperature decreases with increasing temperature.
Self-regulating cable can change its power locally. For example, reduce power only in the overheating zone. This property allows you to create safe heating systems for pipelines, including those with variable heat transfer conditions along the length of the pipeline. Thus, the self-regulating heating cable saves energy and never burns out, even during self-crossing.
Suggested piping heating systems
For industrial tasks of heating and anti-freezing, maintaining the process temperature of pipelines and oil pipelines, company "Energiya Tepla" suggests the following products:
- Self-regulated heating cabels
- Heating cables of maximum power
- Constant power heating cables
- High performance mineral insulated heating cables
Heating cables Eltherm
- Self-regulated cables
- Resistive cables
Предлагаемые системы обогрева и защиты от замерзания труб, водопроводов (трубогреи)
Heating cable system «Anti-freezing and heating pipelines» is used to protect against freezing and maintaining the set temperature of objects such as:
- Heating pipelines (water pipelines)
- Indoor pipes
- Pipes on the street, both above ground and underground
- Drain tubes
- Fire pipelines and hydrants
The composition of the cable heating system of pipelines
Depending on the specific heating task, size and other characteristics of the system, the layout of the heating system can be more or less complex. Simple self-regulating cable systems may not require sensors and control systems. Long and branched systems include a large number of sensors, couplings, regulators and mounting boxes.
The heating system of pipelines includes:
- Heating part: heating cables and accessories for their attachment to the pipeline, local heating elements of pipeline units (flanges, valves, pumps).
- Distribution network providing power for all elements of the heating part and carrying out information signals from sensors to the control panel: power and information cables, junction boxes and fasteners.
- Control system: control boxes, temperature controllers, pipe and air temperature sensors, flow sensors, ballast and protective equipment.
For temperature control and regulation of pipelines, oil pipelines, reservoirs and tanks in protection and temperature maintenance systems company "Energiya Tepla" suggests thermostats and elecric controllers.