Self-regulated cable Thermon RSX 15-2
Freeze Protection or Process Temperature Maintenance RSX 15-2 self-regulating heating cable is designed for applications where the watt density requirements preclude the use of the standard range of BSX cables. The heat output of RSX 15-2 cable varies in response to the surrounding conditions along the entire length of a circuit. Whenever the heat loss of the insulated pipe, tank or equipment increases (as ambient temperature drops), the heat output of the cable increases. Conversely, when the heat loss decreases (as the ambient temperature rises or product flows), the cable reacts by reducing its heat output.
- Freeze protection
- Low process temperature maintenance
- No steam clean
- Certified for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres
Construction RSX 15-2
1. Nickel-plated copper bus wires (14 AWG).
2. Radiation cross-linked semiconductive heating matrix.
3. Radiation cross-linked dielectric insulation.
4. Tinned bopper braid.
5. overjacket provides additional protection for cable and braid where exposure to aqueous inorganic chemicals is expected.
Options RSX 15-2
FOJ Fluoropolymer overjacket over tinned copper braid provides additional protection to cable and braid where exposure to organic chemicals or corrosives is expected.
Ratings Thermon RSX 15-2
- Nominal watt density: 15 w/ft @ 50°F
(49 w/m @ 10°C)
- Supply voltages: 208-240 Vac
- Max. maintenance temperature: 150°F (65°C)
- Max. continuous exposure temperature
Power-off: 185°F (85°C)
- Minimum installation temperature: OJ: - 60°F (- 51°C)
- Minimum bend radius:
5°F (-15°C): 0.38” (10mm)
60°F (-51°C): 1.25” (32 mm)
RSX 15-2 FOJ: T5 212°F (100°C)
RSX 15-2 OJ: T4A 248°F (120°C)
Power output curves RSX 15-2
The power outputs shown apply to cable installed on insulated metallic pipe (using the procedures outlined in IEEE 515) at the service voltages stated below. For use on other service voltages, contact Thermon.
|Catalog number 240 vac nominal||Power output at 50°F (10°C) w/ft (m)|
|RSX 15-2||15 (49)|
Circuit breaker sizing RSX 15-2
Maximum circuit lengths for various circuit breakeramperages are shown below. Breaker sizing should be based on the National Electrical Code, Canadian ElectricalCode or any other applicable code. The National Electrical Code and Canadian Electrical Code require ground-fault protection of equipment for each branch circuit supplying electric heating equipment. Check local codes for ground-fault protection requirements.
|240 vac service voltage||Max. circuit length vs. breaker size ft (m)|
|Catalog number||Start-up temperature °F(°C)||20A||30A||40A|
|RSX 15-2||50 (10)||205 (63)||320 (98)||380 (116)|
|0 (-18)||145 (45)||225 (70)||315 (97)|
|- 20 (- 29)||130 (40)||200 (62)||280 (86)|
|-40 (- 40)||120 (36)||180 (55)||250 (77)|