Electrically Heated Tubing Bundles Thermon SE/ME BSX
TubeTrace, with “cut-to-length” BSX self-regulating heat tracing, is designed to provide freeze protection or temperature maintenance from 40 °F (5 °C) to 150 °F (65 °C) for tubing where no “steam out” of the tubing is possible. BSX withstands temperature exposures of 185 °F (85 °C).
Self-regulating BSX heat tracing
- Varies in response to the surrounding conditions along the entire length of a circuit.
- Lower risk of overheating the tube or product.
- • Installed cost is lower because “cut-to-length” BSX makes end connections easy with minimal waste.
- BSX is approved for use in ordinary (non-classified) areas and hazardous (classified) areas.
1. Process tube(s)
2. BSX self-regulating electrical heat tracing
3. Heat reflective tape
4. Non-hygroscopic glass fiber insulation
5. Polymer outer jacket (ATP or TPU available)
- Hazardous area approvals
|Available watt densities||
3, 5, 8, 10 w/ft 50 °F
10, 16, 26, 33 w/m 10 °C
|Supply voltages||110-120 or 208-277 vac|
|Tube temperature range||40 °F to 150 °F (5 °C to 65 °C)|
|Max. continuous exposure temperature Power-off||185°F (85 °C)|
|T-rating||T6 185 °F (85 °C)|
Electrical heat trace accessories
Thermon manufactures every type of electrical resistance heat tracing available in the world today. Power connectionand termination kits (Form CLX0024) and a variety of controls are all available for heated instrument tubingapplications.
Features Thermon BSX:
- Hazardous area approvals.
Power output curves:
The power outputs shown apply to cable installed on insulated metallic pipe (using the procedures outlined in IEEE Standard 515) at the service voltages stated below.