Reservoir, tank and vessel heating panel Thermon RT FlexiPanel
The RT FlexiPanel is a self-contained, high performance flexible heating panel designed specifically for use on metallic tanks or vessels. Designed to provide heat outputs at 2 watts per square inch (3,100 watts per square meter) or less, the RT FlexiPanel distributes heat evenly over the entire panel surface. 1 The low profile flexible design of the panel permits rapid, troublefree installation using the mounting kit available from Thermon.
To ensure multiple flow paths for electrical current to pass, the RT FlexiPanel utilizes a parallel circuit design based on a stamped high temperature alloy heating element. This design eliminates the burnout potential common with series wire-based designs. The rugged construction of the RT FlexiPanel includes a tough metal jacket that provides mechanical protection during handling and installation. The panel’s heating element is further protected from vibration and moisture by sandwiching it in a heat-laminated layer of silicone rubber that provides cushion and a watertight seal. RT FlexiPanels are approved for use in ordinary (nonclassified) and hazardous (classified) areas.
Features of RT FlexiPanel
- Tank or vessel heating.
- Specifically designed for metallic tanks or vessels.
- Even heat distribution.
- Certified for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Construction of RT FlexiPanel
1. High temperature lead wires (16 AWG)
2. Protective metal jacket
3. Parallel circuit high temperature alloy heating element
4. Heat-laminated, high temperature silicone rubber insulation
Ratings of Thermon heating panel RT FlexiPanel
- Nominal output: 500 and 1,000 watts
- Supply voltage: 120 or 240 Vac
- Max. maintenance temperature: 250°F (121°C)
- Max. continuous exposure temperature:
- Minimum installation temperature: - 67°F (- 55°C)
- T-rating: T2C до T6
Available RT panels
|Catalog number||Service voltage||Heat output watts||Current draw amps||Heat destiny w/in2 (w/m2)||Panel dimensions in (mm)|
|RT-521||120||500||4.2||1.7 (2.635)||12 x 24 (305 x 610)|
|RT-522||240||500||2.1||1.7 (2.635)||12 x 24 (305 x 610)|
|RT-1021||120||1000||8.3||2.0 (3.100)||12 x 42 (305 x 1067)|
|RT-1022||240||1000||4.2||2.0 (3.100)||12 x 42 (305 x 1067)|
|RT-2022||240||2000||8.3||2.0 (3.100)||12 x 84 (305 x 2134)|