TubeTrace SE/ME VSX
TubeTrace, with “cut-to-length” VSX self-regulating heat tracing, is designed to provide freeze protection or temperature maintenance from 40°F (5°C) to 300°F (149°C) for tubing where high temperature exposure capability is possible. VSX withstands intermittent temperature exposures of 450°F (232°C).
Self-regulating VSX heat tracing
- Varies in response to the surrounding conditions along the entire length of a circuit.
- Lower risk of overheating the tube or product.
- Installed cost is lower because “cut-to-length” VSX makes end connections easy with minimal waste.
- VSX is approved for use in ordinary (non-classified) areas and hazardous (classified) areas.
1. Process tube(s)
2. VSX self-regulating electrical heat tracing
3. Heat reflective tape
4. Non-hygroscopic glass fiber insulation
5. Polymer outer jacket (ATP or TPU available)
- Hazardous area approvals
|Available watt densities||
5, 10, 15, 20 w/ft @ 50°F
16, 33, 49, 66 w/m @ 10°C
|Supply voltages||110-120 or 208-277 Vac|
|Tube temperature range||40°F to 300°F (5°C to 149°C)|
Maximum exposure temperature
|T-rating||T3 392°F (200°C)|
Power Output Curves
The power outputs shown apply to VSX heat tracing installed on insulated metallic pipe (using the procedures outlined in IEEE Standard 515-2004). Power output may be slightly higher due to the thermal efficiency of TubeTrace.