Series constant watt heating cable Thermon MIQ
MIQ high performance mineral insulated heating cables are used extensively for high temperature maintenance, high temperature exposure and/or high watt density applications which exceed the limitations of thermoplastic insulated cables. The resistance configurations available can provide tracing for pipes up to 1 mile (1.6 km) long from a single power supply point.
Thermon’s MIQ mineral insulated cables are manufactured using Alloy 825, a high nickel/chromium alloy ideally suited for high temperature service that offers exceptional resistance to stress corrosion in chloride, acid, salt and alkaline environments.
MIQ cables are approved for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and hazardous (classified) areas.
Construction of Thermon MIQ
1. Solid alloy or cooper conductor(s).
2. Compacted magnesium oxide insulation.
3. Seamless alloy 825 sheath.
- High temperature maintenance
- High temperature exposure
- High watt density applications
- Certified for use in ordinary (nonclassified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres
Ratings of Thermon MIQ
- Rated voltage: 300 and 600 Vac
- Max. maintenance temperature: 932°F (500°C)
- Max. continuous exposure temperature:
Power-off: 1,112°F (600°C)
- Max. watt density: up to 80 w/ft (262 w/m)
- Minimum installation temperature: - 76°F (- 60°C)
- Minimum bend radius: 6 x cable O.D.
Circuit breaker sizing of Thermon MIQ
Maximum circuit lengths for various circuit breaker amperages are shown. Breaker sizing should be based on the National Electrical Code, Canadian Electrical Code or any other applicable code. The National Electrical Code and Canadian Electrical Code require ground-fault protection of equipment for each branch circuit supplying electric heating equipment. Check local codes for ground-fault protection requirements.